for Considering to Support the Efforts of Cannabis International
Your support is sincerely needed and greatly appreciated.
For the first 7 years all costs for research, poster and article preparation, travel and attendance of conferences has been paid for personally. These out of pocket expenses are compounded by loss of income from closure of medical offices while staff and overhead accrue. Additionally by May 2013 we will have two children flying full fare.
Attendance at these conferences is critical in order to stay abreast and to integrate advances in divergent basic science research particularly as it impacts our understanding of dietary cannabis.
There are no traditional financial resources available to fund the collation of the basic science discoveries as impact the use of the raw plant as a functional food. It is our intent to identify why cannabis is an essential nutrient in the diets of all seven billion people and how cannabis can be made available. Specifically which cannabis strains, doses, cannabinoid ratios and serum levels are indicated to address individual differences in bioavailability as well as the metabolic consequences of concurrent use of medications such as anti-hypertensives, birth control which impact bio-availability / serum levels.
Every scientific conference supplies new and sometimes critical information in our effort to a mass the literature required to specify the amount of dietary raw cannabis to meet or surpass:
- AI / Adequate Intake: based on best scientific research, which will eventually lead to an RDA.
- EAR /Estimated Average Requirements: meets the needs of 50% of the population
- RDA/ Recommended Dietary Allowance: meets needs of 98%
The following are some of the conferences we have personally funded to date:
- International Cannabinoid Research Society annual conference
- 2007 St Sauveur, Canada
- 2008 Aviemore, Scotland
- 2009 Pheasant Run, IL
- 2011 Pheasant Run, IL
- 2012 Freiburg, Germany
- Cannabis Therapeutics Biannual Conference
- Santa Barbara CA
- Esalen Institute Big Sur, CA
- Warwick, Rhode Island
- Tucson, AZ
- International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines Biannual conference, Koln, Germany
- Topical conferences:
- International CB2 Conference, Banff, Canada
- Cannabinoids in Biology and Medicine, Institute for Advanced Studies, Jerusalem, Israel
- The Endocannabinoid System: From Physiology to Pathophysiology, University of Bonn, Germany
- Cannabis as Medicine- The Congress, Vienna, Austria
- Numerous US Conferences; Washington, Michigan, California, New Jersey
Once again we thank you for your support in conducting the research, preparing presentations and attending conferences that advance our understanding of cannabis as a functional food and dietary essential.
William & Kristen
We’re in the process of setting up an account to receive donations and payments online. You can:
- Mail a check to:
- Cannabis International, 131D Boatyard Drive, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
- Cannabis International, P.O. Box 985, Mendoicno, CA 95460
- or Call and donate via Credit Card at: